There are a number of reasons why password locking an application can be a good idea. For example, you may want to maintain your privacy by protecting documents, photos, or any other type of file. It is also possible that you do not want the smallest of the house to use some applications, such as video games, without permission. In any case, in this article, we explain how to block any app on your phone in a simple way.
Block apps from mobile settings
The simplest way to lock an application with a password is through the options provided by the manufacturer itself. Although Android does not have this function natively, some brands do include it in their customization layers, such as Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei, Honor, or Realme.
- Obviously, the process that we show you below will vary depending on the brand and model of your device. In our case, we have used Realme UI. The first step is to access the settings and click on Privacy.
- Then, tap on App lock.
- The phone will ask you to create a new password and add a recovery question. Once this is done, activate the slider of all those applications that you want to block.
- In our device, it is also possible to use facial recognition and fingerprint reader. These options are available in the App lock settings.
- After applying these settings, every time someone tries to access a blocked application they will be asked to enter the password or identify themselves with biometric data.
Block apps from the app itself
In addition to the blocking that manufacturers may include, some developers incorporate this feature in their applications. Obviously, it is very difficult for us to show you in a single article how to enable the lock in all the applications where it is available. But, we can give you a couple of examples.
- The first is OneDrive. In its settings, you must tap on the Passcode button.
- There, enable the Require code option.
- Then create the six-digit code that will help you protect the application.
- The second example is Telegram. After accessing the Privacy and Security section of the application settings, click on Passcode Lock.
- Activate the Passcode Lock option.
- Create your password and use it every time you want to enter Telegram.
- Most of the applications that offer this function are for instant messaging and document storage.